Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer time!

I am looking forward to summer in San Antonio!  The heat makes me so happy. I can imagine myself with a notebook pool side writing away every day. 
I suppose I think of summer as being filled with lazy days and long fun filled nights.  This is my favorite time of year for a few reasons.
 
1. The heat
2. People seem to be much happier
3. Longer days  
4. More outdoor flexibility and activities are possible.
5. Swimming
6. Camping and fishing  
7. Vacation Bible School
8. More time with friends
9. Family vacations
10. Most importantly precious time with the family.
 
    My life isn’t going to slow down over the summer because I home school all four of my girls. With home schooling it doesn’t matter if you are actively learning from a book, everything you do ends up becoming a teaching experience or opportunity. That doesn’t just stop because it is June 1st.  We will keep up with the book learning over the summer as well.  As a military family it is important that my girls be prepared for whatever school has to offer them where ever we move. I don’t want them to be behind in any way so we make daily schooling a part of our summer activities.
  We are also in the home stretch for painting for Vacation Bible School (VBS)!  This year I am in charge of painting all the backdrops and decorations and decorating our church for the week of VBS.  While I love to paint and have been told that I am pretty good at it, I don’t see myself as a leader. So this has been a new and helpful experience for me. I am painting an average of 7 hours a week.
 
This is a 10’ x 18’ section of the main mural of the town square.
I have a wonderful group of volunteers helping me.
(This is how I spent my morning.Done painting time to outline)
 
 
The badges I painted a few months ago for Sun West VBS
 
A Cowgirl to be used for the girl’s bathroom
(With #3 for size perspective. {If you don’t know what #3 refers to, read post entitled:The number system located here:
http://sillyeclectic.blogspot.com/2012/05/number-system.html})
  
As a family we have started enjoying summer already.  We were out camping on Memorial Day weekend when San Antonio had flooding rains of 8-14 inches depending on where you were.  We had quite a bit of rain in our tent that weekend!  We braved through the storms and had a long relaxing weekend at the lake.  We have also started enjoying the use of our neighborhood swimming pool.  #1 and #2 are pretty decent at swimming and #’s 3 &4 really need a lot of help. But they do okay with just the floaties.  So, what is my goal this summer? Teach all four of them to swim without help. And if I can’t do that, I at least want to teach them all how to float.
 
Another goal this summer is to really catch the writing bug. I am going to work on my novel and blog, and may even start a new project.  I will still update about health stuff as it comes up of course, but I don’t want my blog to be all about that, because I am the silly eclectic. And blogging about MS every post is neither silly nor eclectic. J
 
So for today that is enough. I hope you will stop by and check out all the silliness that is me over the coming months.
 
Gotta go, the ants are biting me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I had you to help me do this lol. I have a few weeks and am stressing about budget and what to make thats big that wont cost alot. You did great

    ReplyDelete