Thursday, October 25, 2012

Button Ladybugs

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine and I threw a baby shower for another friend. This friend really likes lady bugs. I could not find button lady bugs anywhere so I came up with some. And because I like to share and they were so easy to make I will share with you what I came up with.
 
~You will need ~
 pretty paper, (I used several different colors of scrap book papers), 
A heart paper punch, or just cut a heart shape if you don't have a punch.
A large button for the body and a smaller button for the head for each lady bug
Jewelry beads for the spots on the wings and eyes
Hot glue gun and Elmer's glue
3d adhesive foam squares (scrap booking supplies sticky on both sides)
flexible paper wrapped wire

Place 3d adhesive foam square on larger button
Punch/cut heart shape, place 5-6 spots of glue on heart  and place on other side of 3d foam square.
Place a bead on each glue dot.

Hot glue antenna on to back of smaller button.

Put a generous amount of hot glue between button and heart
 hold smaller button firmly in place
 

place a small strip of hot glue on the front of small button
place two beads in hot glue for eyes

Under side of lady bug

Top of lady bug

Finished lady bug

A "flock"? of lady bugs
 
So as you can see this was an easy project and I believe that they turned out pretty cute. The most important thing is to have fun with it! Get creative. I attached the lady bugs to yo yo flowers and ribbons. How to on those to follow soon.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment